- My Tweets
- Central Asian Collections in Munich
- Early Exhibitions of the Collections of Aurel Stein, Part 5: 1922: Indian and Persian Paintings, British Museum.
- Nara to Norwich: Online Exhibition
- Early Exhibitions of the Collections of Aurel Stein, Part 4: 1918, Royal Geographical Society, London
- Countless Moments of Mourning: a personal statement
Tag Archives: stupa
In AD 480 the Chinese pilgrim Faxian reached the central Asian oasis kingdom of Khotan, source of jade and a thriving centre of Buddhism. Even though Buddhism was well established in his homeland, China, he was struck by the evidence … Continue reading